Friday, December 01, 2006

It Was a Good Mail Day

Look what Postman Jim brought me yesterday! (Yes, that is his name, and, yes, he does look a wee bit like Santa.)

This is from my International Scarf Exchange partner, Amy J. Loads of beautiful Australian scenery, sent in an appropriately beautiful scenic air mail envelope! Thanks, Amy!
Then, from my Secret Pal, FybrGrrl, a long-coveted book and two skeins of sock yarn in Vanderbilt's colors! How awesome is that? She's a Texan (by residence, at the very least), and it may have galled her to buy something not burnt orange and white, but I am deeply appreciative. Don't know what I'll whip up with it --- seems a shame to make socks which will be mostly hidden. Maybe some wristwarmers and a scarf? Stay tuned.

4 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Postman Jim has been good to you! That book looks fun -- and so does that yarn. I really like your tree with all the lions and lambs and yoda. :)

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

That is such a great book.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Sharon G. said...

Oooh, such great prezzies! I've yet to look through that book. It's never at the bookstore when I go looking for it. pfft.

 
At 10:22 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

Cool bumble bee yarn! And I hear Not Just Socks is pretty good, but I'm afraid to pick it up and find out for sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home