Friday, December 29, 2006

Hooray for Tennessee!

'Cause I just love it anyway, but, right now, it's giving me a chance to catch up with all of your blogs (Shannon, darling, those hands!), read some e-mails and finally post again.

We had a nice drive up --- traffic was steady, but not overwhelming. Most of the problems were on the other side of the Interstate, including a vehicle fire. The weather is chilly, but clear. Our Christmas-gift-opening was lots of fun: Briton and Hannah got several more things which had been on their lists, Mama seemed truly happy with her things, and I got some lovely goodies. Yesterday, we shopped a wee bit, today we'll probably shop a wee bit more, then hit one of the fine eateries here tonight.

At the end of last year, I bought an English knitting magazine which came with a little diary. (The new one is on the stands now.) I decided I'd keep track of what I knit during the year. Well, the other day, I went back through and tallied everything up --- I completed 141 projects! I was stunned that the number was that high. Granted, so very much of that is scarves or washcloths --- things that take very little time. But there are also sweaters and afghans and socks (which take some time for me, OK? As Rox says, don't judge.) Though I spend every free minute possible with needles in hand, and there are times when my hands almost literally itch to knit, it's still a little difficult to imagine that I got that much knitting done.

I don't think I'll keep such a record in '07. You've seen how competitive I can be. Even with myself. (The final Rox vs. Kim Scarf Throwdown for me was 14. The last one was an angora chevron stripe in gold and black. Vanderbilt colors bought here the last time we were in town.)

Looks like we'll be staying here through the 1st. A day of re-acclimation on the 2nd, then back to school on the 3rd (kiddos) and 4th (me.) Hope each and every one of you has a safe, sane New Year's Eve. . .

7 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Fybr Grrl said...

141 completed projects? That is amazing! Hope you have a great New Year's.

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

You soooo win the scarf competition. Sigh.

Fine. So you can be the lead superhero this year. You Batman. me Robin. Whatever.

As long as we share the DP.

Next year woman, next year.

Hugs... your way.

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Shan said...

Hehe, those hands are show stoppers arent they? Luckily it is mostly only part of the year that I have to put up with it and I have my remedies (mitts and hot tea).

It sounds as though you have had a wonderful holiday. I wish you a terrific New Year and a safe journey home.

 
At 1:43 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

141 projects is awesome! And boy oh boy, scarves and washcloths and socks so count. I don't whip through anything, sad to say. (Sad to say? Speaking of competitive.)

Enjoy the fine eateries etc and have a great holiday!

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

141??? Amazing, no matter how large or small the projects! Good for you.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday visit, and Happy New Year!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow! That's a lot of completed projects!

 
At 1:41 AM, Blogger Amy J said...

Wow, that's almost three a week! I could probably list my projects on one hand!

Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home