Friday, December 22, 2006


For all my grousing about this town during football season, it is a good place to be if your computer breaks down. When the students have all gone home. Because you're likely to be able to find a free machine in a cafe or a library somewhere. This allows you to read over 100 e-mails received during the Breakdown Week, and also allows you to catch up with favorite people on favorite blogs.

It doesn't, however, allow you to upload personal photos, nor access materials you will need for school's reopening. The first is troublesome, the second a far-distant problem that I will ignore until positively forced to face it.

How is everyone? You all read as though holiday plans and schemes are humming along nicely. I've a little wrapping to do yet, but the shopping has ceased. More out of lack of funds than full completion of the mission.

It is raining here today, our part of the snowstorm which has trapped some friends of Briton's and Hannah's in Denver after a ski trip. Phone calls have been flying back and forth, text messages heralding even a slight break in the cloud cover. At first, it was sort of an adventure, I think, but it's just a pain now. Especially since one of the girls may be stuck in the airport for her 18th birthday.

I have finished the 13th scarf, and am maybe a third of the way through #14. I'm also making Mason-Dixon squares like mad. I figured out that I'd need 56 big ones (each made of 4 small ones) to cover my queen-size bed. Trouble is, I don't like the sound nor the "feel" of the number 56. "48" is infinitely more to my liking. So I will probably go with that. As of today, I have 12 big squares complete.

Today is our magnificent Jessie's 10th birthday. Wish to death I could put a picture of her here --- she truly deserves it. She is a great dog. And we love her to no end.

Don't know when I'll get back. Maybe not 'til the library in Tennessee. But I'll do what I can to stay in touch.


HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone!!!

4 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger teabird17 said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and pet Jessie for me - melanie

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

Have a fun Christmas, and give Jessie a pat from me! (And post her picture sometime when you can ...)

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Have a peaceful and joyous Christmas and thank you for the lovely e-card!

 
At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

HAPPPPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! Hoping you are well.... will talk to ya soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home