Thursday, November 09, 2006

Oh, Snap!

Tonight is a night of theater for my son and me. "Jesus Christ, Superstar" is in town, with the one and only Ted Neeley in the title role, as he was in the film (right.) Hannah, not interested in this little bit of acting history, opted to go to a friend's house for the evening. But Briton and I are pretty psyched --- he especially. For reasons that are really not mine to disclose, this musical, and Neeley's portrayal in the film are very, very dear to him.

Each quarter, I build into the class schedule what I call a "Mental Health Day." A day when class is cancelled so that we can all catch our breath, take a break from each other, whatever. Today was that day. I forced myself to dress and go out, else I probably would have spent the entire day asleep. Got some Christmas shopping done as the result of a long, unhurried walk through Barnes & Noble, got some tremendous clearance deals at Old Navy --- quite productive.

Speaking of which. . . Rox, I've gotten two scarves finished. I thought I was stronger than your throwdown, but my competitive spirit wouldn't be reined in. This is on now, too, along with the ongoing.



3 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love that musical. The first high school I taught for did this musical as a school production. It was fantastic! I worked at an urban all girl's Catholic school with mostly african american students, so Jesus Christ Superstar almost all african-american female cast was just wonderful.

 
At 11:28 AM, Blogger bethanie said...

I LOVE that opera!!!! I know every freakin' word of every song. Whoo-hoo!!!

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Becky said...

DH likes to watch or listen to this once a year. He loves it. I still have my LP from the 70s.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home