Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Knittus Interruptus

On the theoretical level, waiting rooms and parking lots should be splendid knitting locations. Just sitting for stretches of time should give one many completed rows, many projects near completion.

What I have found, though, in the last several days, is that, while many rows are, indeed, completed while one sits and waits, very few of those rows will actually be in pattern, or knit very well. Unravelling should be a competitive sport.

So, I haven't gotten as much knitting done (in the "finished" sense) lately, not because I haven't had opportunities, but because my mind has been other places. But, I am hoping that curve, along with a host of others, is beginning to move upwards again.

As per our day-after-Thanksgiving tradition, our Christmas decorations are now up. We will probably get the family tree this weekend, but the tree on the back porch, and the trees for each of our bedrooms are up and trimmed. This, of course, is my tree --- as if the lions and lambs, Yoda and Secretariat weren't screaming my name.

3 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

I would be a serious competitor in the sport of unravelling knitting done while your mind is on other things. Where do I sign up?

I love the thought of a tree in each of your bedrooms--what a neat idea.

I hope things are looking up for you and your family again. My loving thoughts continue to be sent your way.

 
At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

I hope things are better!

A tree in every room? I so lack Christmas spirit. I'm hoping to get out of the tree again this year.

Waiting room knitting etc, can be more of a blessing of something to *do* than actual knitting, in my experience. Unravelling competition? Sign me up!

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous katie said...

Congrats on getting the decorations up! I'm not sure how much of that I'll do this year--right now piles of unfinished Christmas crafts seem to be taking up every flat space.

And as for the waiting-knitting, at least it filled sitting time, right? Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home