Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Feel the Yarn, Feel the Yarn. . .

I am sitting here working on a hat, and it is such a good thing that this yarn (a thick and thin, fuzzy type) feels wonderful slipping through my fingers. Because otherwise, I might lose it. I have been trying since yesterday to upload pictures of things. Yes, we're all tired of hearing griping about Blogger. But, honestly, without room in our budget to pay for a blog, where else can I go?

My Secret Pal, Fybr Grrl, sent me a package that arrived over the weekend, with note pads (love blank paper!), yarn that will make a superb scarf, and a Lantern Moon sheep-shaped door mat! Completely awesome. And the box was all decorated with sheep and yarn and needles. . . Very cute! The littlest of our cats, Lily, has completely claimed the mat as her own.

Thanks, by the way, to all who commented on Master Gable yesterday. That's one of the catnip ghosts that Jade sent a while back.

Hannah and I went shopping the other day, and gave in to our mutual weakness for stuffed animals. She got a polar bear, I got --- surprise! --- another lion. (Four baskets full just isn't enough. . .) Hers were christened "JM Bearie." Get it? The Peter Pan guy? Well, I wasn't going to be outdone. So I thought and thought, and finally came up with


wait for it. . .



remember, this is a lion . . .



just a smooch longer. . .




Hugh Roarie.

3 Comments:

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hugh Roarie! So cute!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Dang I wish I'd though of that, lol ... too funny and too YOU!

 
At 3:30 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

I'm stealing that name.

Yay, your swap came! And wow, it sounds like swell swap stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home