Saturday, November 04, 2006

Does This Happen to Anyone Else?

Does anyone else find themselves on the floor because an animal has usurped their chair?

At any rate, I've been doing a lot of little things knitting: wristwarmers and tea cozies and armbands for iPods/cell phones, mitred squares, dishcloths. But today, I cast on some real knitting: an actual sweater! Do I remember how to construct an actual garment? Time will tell.

And this is despite someone issuing a catty scarf challenge. Oh, I'm tempted. Really, I am. But other fish to fry just now.

Hugh Roarie is keeping me very good company, and has fit in very nicely with the other lions. It wasn't too clear in the photo, but on the jeans bag is a button of HR's namesake. Hannah and I bought a button-making kit a while back, and I made one of him, one of a lion, and one of Katharine Hepburn. That's all I was able to make, as she pretty much hoarded all the other materials for herself.

Trips to Michael's and Hobby Lobby this afternoon for Ornamental 2 materiele. Have a couple of ideas, but won't do anything for certain until I get my match and see what stated tastes are. I've got a dishcloth swap going on right now, and then Ornamental, and then done. I think.

7 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger Bridget said...

Oh ... you mean the furniture is for people??

Who knew? (Apparently no one in our house!)

 
At 2:10 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Sounds like you are keeping very busy with fun knitting projects. That ornament swap sounds fun, too. Are you doing the one at Knit the Classics?

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

Yeeessss, doesn't everyone? She was there first, after all. Sometimes.

That scarf challenge sounds like fun! Too bad no one is getting any handknits from me for Christmas.

I saw the HL button! So cute.

 
At 10:15 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Guess who I met today? Eh? Live... and in person!! Miss you...

 
At 10:29 PM, Blogger bethanie said...

I can't do the challenge either - must focus on other stuff. sigh

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger CatKnits said...

Well, once, I did actually stand at the breakfast bar to eat because the cat had taken over my stool. He also likes to take my spot on the couch where the light is good for knitting. I usually pretend that I am about to sit on him and off he jumps. You've got to have priorities.

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger Sharon G. said...

We used to have two cats (my mom's watching them for us at the moment while we rent from some cat-hatin' folks.) Anyhow, I would often come home to find my hubby lounging on the sofa with both cats sprawled across him. He would use them as his excuse to not move...as in, "but, if I get up the cats will wake up."

Sounds like you're keeping yourself busy with all that knitting - I wish I was that productive. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home