Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekends

A particularly nice couple of days for Nashville-based football fans, as Vanderbilt rolled into Athens and beat UGA on Saturday, then the Titans finally won a game yesterday.

Nice when one receives the new Vanity Fair, and on the cover is the terminally delicious George Clooney. But, just as nice, inside are several "story-lets" about Nashville, including discussions of places quite familiar to one. And the nicest, a sensational photo of The Queen of All Things, Emmylou Harris. She is seen with Lyle Lovett, whom I quite fancy, Rosanne Cash, whom I like, and Dwight Yoakam, who does the best cover of "Ring of Fire" I have ever heard.

Were it possible for me to be Personal Knitter to anyone famous, it would have to be Emmylou. Anything knittable, she could wear. And you would almost have to be a personal knitter for a woman, given the relatively narrow range of knittable garments for men. I mean, how many scarves could I make for Alan before he said to me, in that knee-buckling voice, "So sorry, Kim, time for you to move on now."

Course, I could move right through My List, couldn't I?

Rox, what could you make for Island boy, huh? At least the men I think are sexy occasionally go where it's cold. Anderson Cooper, on location, in one of my sweaters. Sam Elliott, riding fence, in some gloves.

Who says knitting doesn't make you think?

5 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Rox said...

For "island boy" I would make a very tiny lace weight thong.

Crack myself up...

Or maybe a kicky hairband thingie to hold his long wonderful hair back as he reads to me on the beach.

In a thong.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Becky said...

You guys are hilarious. I'd say it is the time of the year to be thinking about knitting willy warmers. Just sayin'. ;)

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

Oh, did you catch Anderson Cooper with Jack.....AnimalGuy (Hansen?)when they were cuddling baby....tigers, I think. Awe.Some.

George Clooney. Must get new issue. Also, must watch Goodnight & Good Luck & send it back to netflix.

At last! Someone else who appreciated Lyle Lovett.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

:-)

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous katie said...

Moving through the list sounds like a good plan. With my project ADD I'd never be able to complete multiple projects for one person. Even Emmylou Harris could get boring after enough stockinette. But trucking through the celebrity scarves--it's all about leaving them asking for more...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home