Thursday, October 19, 2006

Slept with a coat of Origins vaporizing balm on my chest, and a heating pad atop that. Woke sneezing and coughing and blowing --- maybe I worked some of the gunk in my lungs loose. Still no voice, and still a sore throat, but am breathing as much steam as I can. I remember the days when I kind of liked being sick. . . That was before I was a mom, and had to keep going no matter what.

The children's plays opened last night. It's a series of one-acts --- they are each in two. Hannah has lines in one, Briton is a main character in one, and they are both crowd members in a third. Wish to goodness I had felt better, as there were my two babies, together, on stage. Don't know if I'll get the chance again, as Hannah is very disenchanted with long, long, long nights of rehearsals. But they were both as excited as could be last night, and it has been fun listening to them really share this experience. They're up again tonight, but I won't go. Can't. Shouldn't. Will return for the close on Saturday.

Thanks for your birthday wishes for Briton. I croaked to him this morning that he had a little over 24 hours to go where he legally had to obey me. I cannot believe this child is 18. Just can't believe it. May get all sappy and compose an ode or something for him tomorrow.

Thanks, too, for your get wells. Especially to my Secret Pal spoiler, Fybr Grrl. It looks like I've got another good one this go-round. She seems enthusiastic and funny and friendly. I've sent a couple of thngs to my spoilee, without response, but, people do have lives. It's still well worth the involvement.




4 Comments:

At 3:42 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Just got your phone message! Thinkin' I'll wait til tomorrow to call you back - you crud ridden woman!

Get well already!! Happy Birthday Mr B!

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Sharon G. said...

Thanks soooo much for the boo-ty goodies! I just got the package and hand to send a HUGE thanks - the shawl is fabulous, the jam has already been sampled, and the lavender is in my closet, making everything smell yummy (including DH's clothes - I'm not sure how he'll feel about that. Oh, well. hehe.)

I'll post pics and stuff in the morning when I can get some decent pics in natural light!

Thanks again!!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Marji said...

Happy B;day to your son. (Check out Lorraines blog - her son turned 18 this weekend too).
Isn't it absolutely incredible what fine young adults our children somehow morph into when we are busy just getting them through adolesence? Congratulations mom for having done a stellar job.
BTW, comments aren't working on your next post.
Waving HI too as I'm writing this from a hotel internet room in Gwinnet, having attended UGA game yesterday and getting sunburned on half my face and neck.

 
At 2:51 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

Comments still aren't working on the post, but maybe that's what you meant?

Anyway, happy belated birthday to Briton!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home