Tuesday, October 17, 2006

A Mountain of Molehilly Things

It is raining, and the two small spots on our ceilings, indications that there is a roof leak, are growing.

It's not warm anymore, and our downstairs heating unit isn't blowing hot air.

I am coughing, headachey, my arms and legs are sore, my hip and shoulder joints are hurting, my throat is sore, I'm bone tired. . . Need more symptoms?

Beautiful catalogs are coming daily, with dozens of ideas for the many magnificent friends I've made via knitting, but, alas, the coffers are so nearly empty. And with a leaky roof, and a broken heater, how will I ever treat them to the surprises they truly deserve?

Children are exhausted, from 2 weeks of late nights at play rehearsals. Thankfully, the show goes up tomorrow night. They are extremely testy. Shows tomorrow, Thursday and Saturday.

Briton turns 18 Friday, and I don't feel like I've made any plans for him that match the importance of the day.

I don't feel like making any plans. Just drinking cough syrup and slathering my chest with something smelly and going to bed with a heating pad.

6 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Annie said...

I do hope you are feeling better for Friday, a big hug and happy birthday to Briton, how special 18 years old.

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, I hope you feel better by the end of the week. Happy birthday to Briton! 18 is a big milestone!

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger teabird17 said...

Feel better - and Happy Birthday, Briton -
as for presents: I might post a piece on Tea Reads about skipping the whole material world this season and asking for/giving donations instead. What do you think?

 
At 4:51 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

I hope you feel better! Being sick and feeling yucky is a bad thing.

Big milestone for Briton!

I love getting stuff (a certain panoply of orange come to mind for some reason.....) but time and attention means the world too. I'm pretty sure none of your friends would want stuff over you!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Hope you feel better soon. Remember that part of illness is felling down. Things will look brighter when you get well.

Happy 18th to Briton. :)

 
At 6:36 AM, Anonymous Barb said...

Well, I don't know if it will make you feel any better, but I was thinking of you today while drinking some of that delightful Caramel Chocolate Chai you sent me. I think you need some, too! : ) Hope you feel better soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home