Saturday, October 28, 2006

Isn't It Ironic?

Finally, I get Blogger to accept my humble photgraphs. First, a couple of completed mitre-square blocks (sort of intentionally blurry, so you won't see how unvacuumed the carpet is. . .):
Then, the still hard-to-believe bounty from Carrie:

Why is this ironic, you ask? Because another package from her arrived yesterday!!!! (Carrie, honey, you've got to stop this --- don't you have other expenses? Bills that need to be paid? Something? This is so very entirely too much.) It's a little trinket box in the shape of a curled-up sleeping cat. I collect figuries of cats curled into little balls, and had this, like the things above, on my Amazon list. I'll take a picture of it, and maybe you'll be able to see it by Thanksgiving. (!)

Got word that my International Scarf Exchange package made it to its destination: Australia. I was paired up with Amy J., who has proved to be an utter delight. Looking forward to deepening that friendship.

My ISE scarf hasn't arrived, nor has my Funky Scarf Swap one. Can't be greedy, though, nor impatient. It's only this week really become scarf weather here. Yesterday's gray rain has given way to gray wind today --- the errands I must run today will be done in sweater AND scarf.

How's everyone else?

3 Comments:

At 6:54 PM, Anonymous francoise said...

I love those mitred square blocks! Are you planning to make a blanket or cushion?

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

I love those mitre squares! Very cute.

That's all, all done. I couldn't decide between them, it was too hard. I'm glad you like them!

Hope your scarves gets there Monday!

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous katie said...

Good that blogger let us see your knitting! And the goodies all look like fun, too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home