Thursday, October 26, 2006

Goodness!

Though it is doing its dead-level best to vex me, I am not going to allow Blogger to spoil my bad mood. For two days, it has refused to upload my photographs, and I have some marvelous things to show.

First of all, the unimaginably generous Carrie sent me three items off my Amazon wish list, covering a span of two days. THREE things --- one of which is a major coffee table book (It's a Zoo Out There)! Plus, the DVD of "Off the Map," a movie she and I both like, and a copy of Not Just Socks! Can you believe it? Thanks, thanks, and thanks again, Carrie. I am just about speechless.

Second, the one-act play that Hannah had a speaking part in has been chosen for a competition next week.

Third, Briton has been awarded two Senior Superlatives: Most Individual and Most Likely to Be Famous.

Fourth, I am besotted with these Mason-Dixon mitered cotton squares. (Had a picture of them, too. . .) I realized the other day that, as much as I enjoy making them, it's the sewing together that is the most fun.

I am currently working on some very enjoyable projects: a scarf out of baby silk, some wristwarmers for someone in a state even more southerly than this one, and a tea cozy.

My children are out of school tomorrow, as, incredibly, the county shuts down for the Georgia-Florida football game. Though it is an insane, and misguided, reason for closing school, I am glad that we can all sleep in in the morning, and spend some leisure time together.

And Hugh Laurie is hosting this week's "Satuday Night Live"!

Goodness!

4 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm glad you've had such great things happen! You deserve it after the past week you've had.

 
At 9:55 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Wow, what a busy household! As for Blogger, I have the most luck getting it to load pics if I size them first (say 400x???) and then load them one at a time. I've never had much luck with multiple photos...good luck. Cant wait to see everything!

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Lots of good things going on at your house. I've never heard anyone say they like sewing knits together. I think it can be fun, too. Hope we get to see some pictures soon. Nasty Blogger. I'm glad I switched.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

Oh, I forgot about SNL! Thanks for the reminder.

That's why I dumped Blogger. The photo thing was bad enough, but it was so s-l-o-w about not posting them!

I tried to get Keira Knightly for Briton's birthday, but her agent wouldn't take my calls.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home