Monday, October 23, 2006

Better

After much breathing in of steam, and many doses of cough syrup with codeine, I was back at school today. My voice began to weaken about a third of the way through the second class, but I managed to finish. Only to come home and fall dead asleep. It takes forever to rebuild your stamina after one of these things, you know it?

In the midst of the Chest Cold from Hell (and Its sidekick Throat Infection of Doom), I received a great Knitters' Tea Swap package from Emily, which Blogger has only allowed me one upload of. (At the KTS site.) Luscious teas and edibles, and even luscious-er yarns. How she intuited that I was beginning to want to knit socks again, I don't know, but she presented me with my first-ever skein of Trekking. She also sent a skein of Irish baby yarn that is indescribably soft and calming. As usual, I was matched to a very thoughtful person, who I sincerely hope will become a friend.

Briton's birthday went well. I wasn't feeling a bit good, but played along for his sake. Some of his friends came over, and we all went out to eat, then came back here for cake and hanging out. The plays were off that night, as there was a football game, so he was able to fully relax and enjoy. Thanks to all of you who wished him well!

On Saturday, he awoke with The Symptoms. Yes I'm afraid I gave him what I had. (Guess it's Hannah's turn next.) He worked on his voice and his throat all day, and did go on that night. Here he is (second from left, short-sleeved shirt) with his "Black Comedy" castmates. Theirs was the last one-act on the program, and, if I do say so myself, rightly so. They were all funny as they could be.

2 Comments:

At 4:40 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthday kiddo! Get well already!

 
At 8:05 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

Aw, you gave him your cold! How sharing.

Dang. I'm stumped on the play shot. I don't know the comedy, the cast costumes look intriguing, the set looks good, but all I can think of is "nice pic". Well, it is. Makes me want to see the play.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home