Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Still on TipToes

So, we're all still a little edgy here. Do we make false-nice? Do we say anything?

There was no bloodshed here, no rending of garments, but it's unusual for all three of us to find ourselves in the same explosive state of mind at the same time. There is usually one person sane, willing and able to call the other two on their ridiculousness. Not this time.

The fragile state of affairs has found me with lots of solitary time, in which I have finished three books, given up on a fourth, knit quite a lot, and written several overdue letters. As most of the knitting is for swapping, I can't show any photos here.

You cannot disagree with me that one of the reasons knitting is again so popular is its meditative nature. Its ability to make you keep still, keep focused, and find a rhythm. It has come to my rescue yet again.

3 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope it gets better soon!

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger teabird17 said...

I hope you get some peace - and I'm so glad you have your knitting for comfort. Sometimes it's enough to just hold the yarn in your hand --

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Becky said...

Knitting and reading. That sounds very peaceful. I hope that it calms you and that the tension eases soon. As a single mom for many years, I know it is not easy. I'm glad you have your blog to "talk" to when you feel the need.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home