Thursday, September 14, 2006

Something You Should Know

Making friends brings all sorts of benefits: shoulders upon which to cry when life pummels you, common senses of humor with which to giggle at various things/people/events. Making friends also, occasionally, has material benefits, as when someone invites you along to her birthday celebration, or when someone else, completely out of the blue, sends your son a gift that makes him --- my right hand on this --- giddy. My 17-year-old son was frantic with joy at a mug featuring what was immediately declared "the greatest picture I have ever seen of" Keira Knightley. Parents out there know the inestimable joy at seeing your children over the moon. That's what I got from a friend yesterday.

That, and an Alan Rickman mug for myself. (I'm not sure the joy thing works in reverse; Son was too absorbed in finding things to drink to pay much attention to my ecstasy.)

4 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Blogdom has brought so many great friendships!

 
At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

LOL - now I'm giddy too!

HUGS!!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger Jade said...

And I'm giddy just 'cause my friends are too ;-)

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

Oh, that's so cool! And now Briton got something too. Something he was positively giddy about. Awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home