Monday, September 25, 2006

Okay --- lemme explain. Rox and I have a fairly wise-gal relationship; don't think that I've attacked a fellow blogger with malice. She just won't let herself see the Wonder that is Alan Rickman, number one, and, number two, she had the audacity after seeing the yellow baby hat to ask, incredulously, if I really did cables. I saw an ideal opportunity to bust her chops.

I'm still leaving Alan here for a few days.

Besides, I don't get her "Lost" guy.

A couple of you have commented on the Tracey Ullmann book --- I'm actually reading it, as opposed to simply drooling over the patterns. She is so brilliantly talented and wonderfully funny. She writes about double-pointeds, exhorting people to stay with them, even though they are "fiddly" at first. How perfect a word is "fiddly"?

The day I bought that book, I leafed through several others. Have any of you looked at Andean Inspired Knits? I'm not one for colorwork, but the shapes (and shapings) on these garments are beautiful. It may be my next buy.

Got an envelope of yarn today from Magic Mongolian Mittens, to whip up some charity scarves and mittens. It sounds like they're running out of donated yarn, so if you have some around that you could spare, this might be a good place to send it. I'm a little low myself, after the Scrap Afghan, but am going to try and send some skeins back with what I make.

Other than that, school starts tomorrow, "House" is on tomorrow night, the Dr. Pepper is cold in the fridge, and life is not too bad.



3 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

I've been wondering about that Tracy Ullmann book since I first heard about it. I was skeptical after being so disappointed in that Hollywood knitting book, Mother of Purl by Edith Eig. Just a bunch of name-dropping and boxy patterns. So I'm glad to hear that Tracy's is a good book. I will have to check it out.

By the way, I like Alan too. My two favorite movies that he's been in are Sense and Sensibility and Galaxy Quest. "You broke the bloody ship!" Too funny.

 
At 2:50 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Oh sure. Now Katrina has crossed over.

And you know... you like Josh. You don't have to admit it publicly. But I know you do.

Yay... ya joined Boo-ty Swap!!

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

House was on but not on the channel it was supposed to be on! I missed the first 10 minutes. Bah.

Alan Rickman is okay. Sawyer? No, Sayid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home