Saturday, September 23, 2006

Fine, But Have You Been Knitting?

Yes, smarty-hosen, I have been. This baby hat, for example. And this scarf, of which I'm pretty proud:

Using sock yarn for things other than socks is fun for me. (Why I need the Not Just Socks book. . .) This is made with one strand of KnitPicks Simply Stripes in Autumn and one of Dancing in Squaredance. The idea was to have a scarf you could tie a couple of different ways if you wanted, or let hang with the four lengths. The Fozzies seem to approve.

There are also a couple of other scarves that I can't show, because they're due for gifts. One is finished, one is languishing. You know those projects that simply don't excite you for some reason? The languishing one is one of those.

I am having fun making mitred squares ala' Mason-Dixon Knitting, using leftover dishcloth cottons. There will come a day, I hope, that I have enough of these to make a bedspread or something.

(And have I mentioned lately that I graduated from high school with Ann's brother? I remember her --- a couple of years behind us.)

Speaking of books, as if I needed more patterns, I bought the new knitting book by Tracey Ullman. Because, hel-LO, it's Tracey Ullman!! There are a couple of terrific patterns, most notably a bonnet/ribbed scarf that is somehow squealably adorable and very sophisticated at the same time.

5 Comments:

At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Wha?? Are you cabling now?!! Gorgeous stuff!!! :)

 
At 12:47 AM, Anonymous Rox said...

His picture again. Just wrong. So very cruel.

hehe

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I saw that Tracey Ullman book at Border's yesterday. I didn't know she knit! Cool!

I got the PQL needle card yesterday and love it! Yep, that's my girl all right. :-)

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger teabird17 said...

I saw the book too, and I've been enjoying myself by imagining her characters knitting!

 
At 11:20 PM, Blogger the stripey tiger said...

Hi Kim ,
How are you going on your ISE scarf?? Just letting you know that I'm mailing your dishcloth this week. A little slower than I wanted to be but yep it will get there. :-) Happy knitting - Go Sam Neill I say!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home