Wednesday, August 30, 2006

So Much To Tell. . .

Firstly, these are the first Mystery Sock socks to come off my needles.
The original plan was to make a pair of knee socks for Hannah. I even had them cast on and worked beyond the ribbing. But, she had lost interest by then, so I bought some yarn for myself, dadgum it, and made some socks that I wouldn't abandon. The fun part here was the really, truly random color striping, ending with my favorite color combinations on the sole. But, one of the KAL hostesses, the helpful MSUBulldog, pointed out that I can prop my feet up on a table, and the people sitting across from me will get to revel in the beauty!

My last Secret Pal parcel has been sent on its way; I'm anxious, as always, to hear what she thinks, and to see whether we'll continue to stay in touch. I've had overwhelmingly good luck with swap partners so far, and have no reason to think that won't continue.

Speaking of which, my One Skein spoilee, Jo, continues to amaze and delight me with her friendship and gratitude. Yesterday, I received a box full of goodies from her, some even meant for Hannah! (She remembered remarks I'd made about her love for Japan. . .) I have photos , but, seeing as it took me almost an hour to upload the 2 sock pictures today, I'll wait and show them to you next time.

Funny how I feel sorry for Briton when these packages arrive. (And I promise, I'm not fishing for anyone to send him anything.) There's always stuff for me, usually something for Hannah, maybe even something (like Jo's felted catnip mouse yesterday) for the pets. And he gets to watch us open stuff and ooh and ahhh. He swears it doesn't faze him, but I wonder. . .

I've finished my funky scarf last night. Very proud. It isn't due until October. I think I'm ahead of the curve on most of my exchanges now. Rox's DishCloth Shufle is the trickiest of them all, because, as you all know, it's hard to knit just one dishcloth and then move on.




6 Comments:

At 5:15 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Fabulous colors on your mystery socks! I'm so glad you joined the kal!

Props to you for being well ahead of your swap/exchange schedule. Wish I could say the same for myself...

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Your Mystery Sock came out very cool. It's such a fun KAL, isn't it? I've been loving seeing the surprise socks everyone is knitting up.

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Carrie K said...

Very lovely mystery socks! It's nice when swaps are good.

Poor, poor Briton. It's usually so much easier to buy for girls.

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Annie said...

It is hard to knit one dishcloth and move on, I think I will be doing so many of these things, at least they are very useful. Just a couple of other things to get done then onto more dishcloths.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Lovely socks!

I can't believe that you already finished your funky scarf. I've just started on that project!

Poor Briton. Perhaps people just aren't sure what to send a teen boy?

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Shannon said...

I absolutely love everything! That bag you made is so cute! Thank you-- you are an awesome secret pal!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home