Sunday, August 27, 2006

Righting the Ship?

For reasons which defy my abilities to explain and describe, since the repair of this computer, I have been completely non-chatty. Almost silent, even. So, my pattern of blogging here and on MindFull on alternating days has been destroyed, and my children have been endlessly asking me if I'm OK.

I guess so.

Been knitting, of course. I'm participating in a whole slew of swaps, and trying to get out in from of as many as possible. My Funky Scarf is coming along very nicely, and I'm putting together dishcloth ideas for the Shuffle. I'm also making a very open openwork shrug, and closing in on finishing my first pair of socks for the Mystery Sock Knitalong.

Too, I'm trying to wind down the quarter by composing a Final exam, readying the last pacakage to my Secret Pal, answering a small stack of pen pal letters, and wondering if Jade, Rox and I can pull off a November meeting in Atlanta. When I asked Hannah if she'd like to meet Jade, she sat straight up and said, "Yeah!" (Only her delivery was less italicized and more "DUH, Mother!")

Off to wash dishes before the Emmys. (I'm only watching because I heard Hugh Laurie is supposed to be a presenter. And, we like Conan O'Brien.)

7 Comments:

At 1:09 AM, Blogger Marie said...

It certainly sounds like you are super busy. I find that my blogging impulse is inversely proportional to my work load. :P Possible a good thing so that I have less to spend time on while I procrastinate on what I have to do...
Hope you do right everything as you see fit. :)

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Becky said...

I think we all have times when we just don't have the desire to chat it up. And that does make for sparse blogging. It sounds like you are keeping very busy and have enough to handle as it is. Hope your swapping and kals all go well.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

It's ok to be quiet! How busy are you with all your knitting. You are getting lots done.

 
At 10:51 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Errrr ... If Hanna gets too excited I'll have to send a 'stand in', 'else she's likely to be dissapointed - har!

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

You sound like you've got just a few things to do.....sheesh!

Blogging every day? After my self imposed task of the August Swap birthdays (plus a few here & there) I think I'm going to go "dark" in Sept.

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

What did you think of the Emmys? I'm a fan of Conan myself, but there were definitely some very palpable awkward moments.

Hugh Laurie was funny in the opening sequence. I always get jarred when I hear him speak in his native British accent like he did when he was presenting (never mind the French). He's probably the only British actor who can pull off an American accent without sounding like he's trying too hard.

Everybody rushing to hurry up and get the show done in two hours was distracting. There were quite a few unnecessary bits that could have been trimmed to make more time for heartfelt speeches.

That's my two cents anyway.

 
At 7:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

missed the Emmy's totally! Must be something in the air I'm a little down myself running behind have so much to catch up on! You always seem to pull it off tho you are always accomplishing so much in knit land! Package coming your way hope it helps perk up the moment!
Your Secret Pal!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home