Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Let's Not Talk About the Breakdown, OK?

Because life really does go on.

The irreplaceable Rox is hosting the DishCloth Shuffle, and pairings are out. Both my gifter and giftee are in Australia. Rox knows lots about me --- maybe as much as anybody in BlogLand --- but I don't think she knows how much I adore Australia. Way to go, Roxanne!! This is going to be fun all the way around.

My OneSkein exchange experience has been terrific. The person to whom I was sending things, Jo, has been effusive in her praise and so warm in her welcome that I cannot help but want her as a friend, and I am looking very forward to continuing our relationship.

As Secret Pal 8 draws to a close this month, I am working on putting together the last gift for my spoilee. My spoiler, as you all know, and have seen, has been wonderfully friendly and creative, and, on the one hand, I am sad that no more of those wonderful parcels will be coming my way. On the other hand, I am so anxious to discover who she is so I can thank her by name!

In other news, I'm close to completing a hat and booties set for one of my students, who is due in just a few weeks. I, at long last, finally decided on a pattern and some yarn for my Funky Scarf partner. And, as you can read at the blog, my Mystery Socks are at a standstill for the moment, but will start up again shortly. They will be for me, and I will love them, no matter what.

School reaching an end, and all my students, more so than any group in memory, seem to be having a horrible time. The work load that some of these teachers are laying on them in atrocious; I can't help but wonder if they (the teachers) are trying to put out an I'm-so-awesomely-smart-and-powerful vibe. When the students are ground down, I am, too, as I am so dependent on their input. But we'll all make it. Always have.








3 Comments:

At 3:37 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

I'm so glad you are a part of the Mystery Sock Knitalong. You could knit your socks out of piano wire now, and still be determined to enjoy them. I like your spirit!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

yay yay yay! And you know - all the Aussie chicks are very cool too!

Someday - me and you... yarn shoppin' in Australia. You know, after we win the lottery and stuff. ;)

Shannon you want?

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Dishcloth shuffle sounds like such a fun swap! I'm glad you're having a good time with the swap. They are so much fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home