Thursday, August 10, 2006

A Homeowner's Best Friend

Dark rain clouds on the horizon. Why, you ask, are they a best friend? Because this home is presently without air conditioning, and rain would help out SO much.

The entire unit has to be replaced, and I am sitting here, with every fan we own turned on, hoping the repairs can be made tomorrow. There is a separate unit for upstairs, so the kiddos are staying cool, but the animals and I stay down here, where it is baking.

Before the heat settled in (as in in the house), I made yet another pair of fingerless gloves. Don't these remind you of those pastel mints in silver dishes at weddings?

And though this isn't the greatest picture, this is the needle cozy bestowed upon me by my Secret Pal. I'm sorry the lovely turquoise band around the top and the delicate little dragonfly aren't clear, but they are both so pretty, and I am, again, so touched by SP's creativity and ability to delightfully surprise me.

7 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope it cools off for you soon!

 
At 11:36 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Oh no, I hope the rain comes through and brings some nice, cool air!!! I clicked on the needle cozy picture and could see the cute dragonfly perfectly. Such a great touch!!

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Jade said...

If I run out and do a rain dance here its bound to scare the clouds toward you! lol. Sending cool thoughts your way

 
At 3:14 PM, Anonymous Elaine said...

I hope you find some coolness. Nobody has air conditioning up here; we don't usually need it. We had a 6 day streak of 90 degree weather and people were ready to off each other in the streets. Being unable to get away from the heat does a number on you.

 
At 5:12 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Hoping that coolness & the a/c repair/replacement arrives soon.

The fingerless gloves do look like those mints! Talk about thinking cool thoughts.

I finally watched Off the Map last night (and yes, I've had it for ages, I'm a slow DVD watcher). Nice characterizations. Really different for all the leads. Thanks for the rec! I'm not sure I ever would have found it without you.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous francoise said...

You wouldn't believe it, but tonight it was quite cold here... and I already have forgotten how hot it can get! But I do feel sorry for you as it was not far away when I was complaining myself..

 
At 9:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sorry to hear about the air I hope it has been fixed or the weather has changed we have had some relief in the heat was in Chicago yesterday and it was rather pleasant. I am again impressed with your accomplishments knitting in the heat! your really something!
SP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home