Friday, August 04, 2006

Heat, Crowds --- This is a Day Off?

Don't know if your community has experimented with Tax-Free Days. They usually come as school begins, and cover mostly things students would use. Unfortunately for me, our printer ran out of ink on this, the second of four TFD, so I had to get-out-among-them to re-stock.

Now, if it were Price-Free Days, I could understand the behaviors I saw today. But, it's only the tax that's coming off your bill, lady! Really --- you'll get your spiral notebooks! No need to bounce your baby around (unbelted) in the shopping cart, sideswiping people. And then boring holes through them with your eyes because they dared grab (and EVERYONE was grabbing) a pack of markers before you. Dear God, what are people thinking?

I had to come home and lie down with a cold compress. For real. And look at this hat, whose colors I am mad for. Too bad for me, my head is on the gargantuan side, and this one won't fit me. But I've got more yarn and more patterns. I'll get one.










Currently on the needles, a gift scarf and a pair of half-fingered gloves for myself. Plan on selecting one more thing to get going on over the weekend. I'm part of the Mystery Sock Knitalong, but that hasn't kicked off yet, nor has Rox's Dishcloth Shuffle. Got ideas for both of them, though.

C'mon weekend!!

4 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I need some idea for the Mystery sock KAL. What free pattern list did you use?

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

That hat is cute!

And people are crazed in any shopping situation. I try to go only when I think I might be the only one there. Except I have to go to Joanne's on the way home tonight. Hmm.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger Jade said...

You are so right about the colors, just lovely! But drat it all, the perfect 'purple' fabric I picked up on my vacation for your bag is so not this purple (more wine) ... I'll find it, never you worry - hee

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow that is really cool! I really like your hat and again the fact that you are getting so much accomplished this summer! I'm feeling alittle like I need to knit. I got a book from my SP yesterday (of Sweaters) a bit challenging for me for summer but who knows!
happy knitting!
SP

 

Post a Comment

<< Home