Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Hate to move Mr. Rickman away from atop the posts, but blogging must go on, I suppose.

(Been waiting quite a while for that poster to show. I have sort of a collection of the celebrity "Read" posters hanging in the den, and am anxious to add this particular mug. Although the book disappoints. I didn't like Catcher in the Rye. Didn't see what all the fuss is about. So what will Alan and I have to discuss when he comes to my Fantasy Dinner Party?)

Secret Pals have been very, very good to me. Elaine has become a treasured friend, Bethanie --- God bless her --- sent me a gardenia plant, for crying out loud! And this round's Pal has given me some terrific, and terrifically creative gifts, including one that arrived yesterday: a needle cozy in bright rosy-pink and turquoise, with beaded flowers and a crystal bead dragonfly. (I'm flopping on the description; will post a picture another day.) So cute, so different, and so deeply apreciated. Thank you!

Finished a hat yesterday --- one big enough to keep for myself. Began my Knit the Classics project. Was going to start my Mystery Socks, but couldn't find my size 2 circulars. And I've a dishcloth to make, for Rox's Shuffle, despite her continuing to poo-poo my adoration of Mr. Rickman.

(See how I circled it back to him? I've got it bad.)

5 Comments:

At 5:32 PM, Blogger Karen said...

All Rickman . . . all the time . . . works for me. I think I'll go watch Sense and Sensibility now! :)

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

I thought Catcher in the Rye was boring.

But the poster is pretty entertaining.

Nice to hear good things about your Secret Pals! It can be iffy.

What're you doing for KTC this month?

 
At 6:40 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah, I'm not a huge Catcher in the Rye fan either. Can't beat the poster though.

 
At 11:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you like the needle cozy!
SP

 
At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Rox said...

I'm going to resist commenting further on Alan. Although, it could kill me!

Ohhh.. ahhh... needle cozy! Pics?!! Eh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home