Sunday, August 06, 2006

Happy Times at the ol' homestead today. I finished two knitting projects, got a wee bit of shopping done with Hannah, watched a little NASCAR, and now, in just a matter of moments, John Madden and NFL Football are back!

There can never be any doubt that I am My Father's Daughter. If there is something on TV which involves keeping score, or declaring a winner, or a ball of some sort, or a referee, I'm likely to watch it. Football is tops among the Watchables. The longest stretch of the year, as far as being this sports fan, is from the Super Bowl to the Daytona 500. Don't like baseball anymore, though there is no sight like topping the ramp in a stadium and seeing a diamond appear in front of you. Coming into a football stadium, or a basketball arena --- not the same. But, past that wondrous feeling, baseball holds no charm for me.

So, I'll sit down tonight, with my lovely delicate knitting, and wait for some heads to crack.

3 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

There are no words to express how happy RM is right now that football is back. He is a football fanatic.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Urg. I never did get into any sports. Possibly because the whole blind left eye mucked up my depth perception.

But at least you'll have something to watch and knit by for awhile!

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Sounds like our house! But the only two things I can really get into are swimming and baseball :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home