Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Did I Get Everything Done?

Hannah has to be at Freshman Orientation at 8:30 this morning. Parents are invited to stay, but I have to split (I am a child of the Sixties) to get to class. She, and her 400+ classmates, will be dismissed at noon. My class goes (schedule-wise) until 12:05. So I am going to have to cut the thing short to get back, find a parking place, and pick her up. I get there, find said space, find her, find she wants to have a friend come over for the afternoon (Briton is already doing the same), find that she and friend want Chick-fil-A. Wait for a while in the CFA drive-through line, get food for all, come home, have time --- barely --- to change before Briton's friend arrives.

I don't remember actually being any of those places, or actually engaging in any meaningful activities while there. Mostly, I remember driving, and getting in and out of the car. I remember moving a lot, but I don't know if I've gotten everything done today that I needed to get done today. Ever get like that?


This is my baby and her best friend of I-don't-know-how-long. Look out for the Class of 2010!

In other news, I have looked high and low for this pattern book:

I bought the yarn for the cover sweater, having been told that the pattern books would be in "shortly." That was months ago, and I cannot find a copy of this book anywhere. Why doesn't Patons sell direct?

Anyway, if anyone out there can find this, and wouldn't mind picking up a copy for me, please let me know. I'd be happy to reimburse all your costs, because I really would like to make this.


5 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

I'll keep an eye out for it! I just found out one of our major yarn stores in the area is closing (she's retiring), so clearly a trip there is in order and since it's a ways from me, I have to go to all the yarn stores in between. Or they might get jealous.

Class of 2010? It sounds so very far away but it sure isn't.

 
At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Found it.... sending you an email regarding! HUGS

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Your day sounds like my life! :-) I guess it doesn't get any better as the kids age. Well, at least I won't have to strap them into car seats.

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

great picture! I remember those days just a couple of years ago! College is even more fun! Do miss some of the hectic schedules tho!
SP

 
At 11:16 AM, Anonymous katie said...

Might I just say that I am very impressed that you dropped of your daughter for freshman orientation? The incoming students at the community college I work at could use some similar boosts--so many parents come in and do all the talking!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home