Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Bring In Da Funk


As this post will address funkiness, thought I'd show you the latest mitts to come off my needles --- as I said, and you can now see, they're a mite big for me.

Also, finally, my tattoo shows up in a photo. Tilt your head slightly to the right, and you will be seeing it correctly. (Look at you all out there, tilting. . . This is fun!) I look at it upside down all the time, but still hold on to its meaning. It is the Chinese character for "center." A reminder to myself of where I need to stay. It also, as an extra bonus, contains the initials of an awful lot of people who are, and have been, extremely important in my life. That, I didn't realize for a couple of days. But it makes the whole thing more meaningful.

And now, for the one who will be making my Funky Scarf:

Let’s get the allergy part out of the way. Are you allergic to any fibers? None.
Do you prefer any fibers over others? I like softness, like alpaca, cashmere, and I'm crazy for banana silk, but I don't expect anyone to go to that sort of expense.
Thinking back to Scout’s post about what funky means to you, post an image of something that you think is funky!

(I realize this is a "who," but I've always considered Carly pretty funky.)

Would you prefer funky yarn or a funky pattern?What are your favorite colors? Pattern, I think. Though yarn is terrific. I'll leave it to the knitter --- surprises are great! Favorite color is purple, but I really like tweed and heathered yarns. Any color but orange.
What is your favorite piece of art? I am embarassingly art illiterate. But I like Picasso's sketches (the rooster, the bouquet passing hands.)
What colors would you never have up close to your pretty face?Would you prefer an actual scarf or a cowl?When you wear a scarf do you prefer a wider/shorter scarf or a thin/long scarf?What is the climate like where you live?Would you prefer a functional scarf (to keep you warm) or one just to funk-up your wardrobe? To repeat, I don't like orange. I'd prefer a scarf; I like long scarves, on the thin side. Here in Northeast Georgia, it's fairly warm year-round, but it does get cold enough for scarfery. I wear them a lot for accessories, not just warmth.
What else would you like your partner to know about you? That I'd like her to be comfortable with what she knits; don't try anything intimidating. The pleasure of the work shows in the stitches, and is felt by the wearer. And, that open to any additional questions!

7 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Your tattoo is so cool (yes, I did tilt . . .). I always wanted one, but never quite got up the guts. LOL

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

"You walked into the party...like you were walking into..."

Great. Now I'm singing Carly allll day.

Ohh... ahh... tattoo! You might possibly be too cool for me ya know!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You have a tattoo? Cool! I've always toyed with the idea of getting my Chinese name tatooed on my shoulder. Never happened.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I like the sock yarn used for the fingerless mitts -- like the hat I did last month. With my sock stash ever-growing and my sock-knitting ability not improving so very much, I need patterns to use some of that sock yarn!

Love your tattoo! I'm thinking my next one will be some kind of reminder placed near my hands. Does it really help? Or do you get too used to it?

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Polly said...

My husband has the Chinese symbol for monkey (his year or whatever) but I think it's really for lazy bonehead.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

But orange?? Any color but poor orange? The horror.

Okay, now I'll read the rest of your post, that caught my eye for some reason......;)

 
At 11:39 AM, Blogger Purl said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful surprise and the generous package! I have always wanted to try that tea. The candle smells wonderful, and everything is great.

I've had a really bad week; you have perfect timing.

I've toyed with the idea of a tatto and recently found a knitting one I love. However, I'm afraid I'd have a horrible reaction. My skin is so sensitive, and I'm worried I'd be allergic to the dye.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home