Friday, July 07, 2006

Sell, Sell, Sell

Now, it isn't my job to convince people to go to Atlanta, Georgia. Nor, usually, unless I am asked, will I offer a suggestion of how to spend time once there. Because I know my tastes, and those of my family, are not the same as others', and what we find fun and entertaining, some might see as silly or banal. Or, Heaven help, just plain tacky.

But yesterday, we went to the Center for Puppetry Arts. If any of you idolize Jim Henson the way we do, you can begin to imagine how our hearts leapt when we walked into a room and found Link Hogthrob, Dr. Strangepork, and FishFace! The real Muppets!!! Look at them! (Ignore Queen Elizabeth in the background; she's not Hensonian.)

Do you know how many episodes of Pigs . . . in . . . SPAAAAAYCE this family has watched? Do you know how many viewings of "Labyrinth" there have been? This was big doings!

But then, you turn, and you see:A full Skexis from "The Dark Crystal"! Are you kidding me?!


The day was priceless.



6 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What fun! I would have squealed in delight to see Dr. Strangepork.

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Becky said...

I think that's increcible! But then, I have Kermit in a photographer's outfit sitting on the chair across from me. Muppets are always cool! (Except Miss Piggy...well...anyway.)

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh, you would have loved that last Cal Shakes play with the puppets & people.

 
At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Oh... you know my favorite Muppet? Scooter. God, I love Scooter. Even named my very first cat after him. Never ever be anyone as cool as Henson again. Love the photos!

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Very cool! I hadn't thought of 'Pigs in Space' in years, heh. I owned a copy of Labrinth, or did until the VCR died and we elected to not replace it, but start buying DVD's of our favorites - never did, lol. Oh, and Dark Crystal (loved it!), I hear they are doing that one again soon - should be interesting.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Marji said...

priceless, as a Mastercard commercial
sounds like too much fun

 

Post a Comment

<< Home