Monday, July 03, 2006

ReVisiting




So, on the way to Nashville, there was traffic. No. TRAFFIC. And rain. Blinding rain. It took an extra two hours, one of which was spent sitting dead still on I-24 just outside Chattanooga. As per my earlier vacation pledge, Master Yoda went along and provided a calming presence.

One of the best days we spent was at the Parthenon. Though it was closed, and we couldn't go into the museum, everyone seemed to enjoy just the enormity and grandeur of the building.



Note Briton's continued absence from the portrait gallery. And I look as though I'm contemplating the duality of life, or yarn, or heat, or too-long hair. Or something.


And, of course, the yarn shop. I was more than ready to use my Stashalong shopping day, and Hannah was more than ready to spend quality time with Rudy: Much was bought, but little can be shared. Lots will be gifties, you see. As for the knitting I actually completed while there, I think my luck with photo-uploading may be running out, so I'll save that until next time.

I LOVE NASHVILLE, TENNESSEE!!!


6 Comments:

At 3:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a beautiful building!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Sounds like a great trip, especially the yarn buying!!

 
At 5:34 AM, Blogger Polly said...

Why does Tennesse have a duplicate of the Parthenon? That seems so random.

 
At 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from your August bookswap buddy! I look forward to finding a good read for you!

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh no, I hate traffic. Hate it. And particularly in the rain. Poor things! But the Parthenon & the LYS looks like they made up a bit for it.

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

You KNOW I had to comment on the t-shirt!!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home