Sunday, July 23, 2006

Results


This whole unicorn gifting story has truly taken off --- thanks to all of you who have commented. Hannah is just crazy about all these little guys. And look at the case! Can you believe the case was part of the deal, too?

If I recall, Jade's first unicorn, aptly named Uni, is the one on the top left inside. And the one named Jade (!) is top right (outside). Just in front of Jade, if you can make him out, is a little green dragon that Hannah thinks looks like the Geico gecko. Guess what his name is . . .

Aside from still ooohing and aaahing over all the figurines, I'm knitting hats and more hats. Three in about as many days. A couple of days ago, I also began a shawl, from a kit bought on clearance at Target. I am truly enjoying that yarn, believe it or not. It is, at its base, a cord, with fluffs of color every now and then, and it is just so lovely to work with. The feel is phenomenal. It isn't breathtaking as a finished product, but I am crazy about how it moves through my fingers.

Thinking this will be my last official month of Stashalong. The dent I have made in my reserve wasn't evident until I started looking through for yarn to make these hats with. I was able to move skeins from one place to another, and completely emptied two storage containers, getting all my yarns into 2 boxes and 1 bag, and regaining a noticeable amount of floorspace! Still won't --- can't --- go on some wild buying spree, but think I'll retire for a bit. It has been great fun, coming up with fresh ideas for yarns bought long ago.

Last full week of summer vacation coming up for B & H. There are doctor's and dentist's appointments to be kept, but freeddom otherwise. I hope the clock just c. . .r. . . .a. . . w. . . l. . . s for them.

3 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger bethanie said...

I too hope the rest of the summer crawls along.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

The summer is going to fast, and has been too hot!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Oh, that is so cool (the unicorns).

Congrats on your Stashalong efforts!

The summer can't crawl. My vacation is in the fall. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home