Thursday, July 13, 2006

A Mood


So, I'm in a mood. Not one of those moods (although I can go there pretty easily on any given day.) No, this is a knitting mood. Created by my working with all these glorious remnant of yarn, from Yarn of the Month samples in tiny envelopes, to ping-pong-ball-size leftovers, through tennis-ball and softball-size leftovers, through half-skeins. I'm within 5 or 6 inches of finishing the second panel of my Scrap Afghan, but the fever has struck.

So, I'm making hats. And I'll make scarves. And mittens. And gloves, if a pattern which doesn't require double-pointed-needles can be found. And there will be stripes and strips and embellishments and fringes and flowers. Because I'm in the mood to keep seeing what can be done with these little bits of yarn.

The teapots above came home with us from Nashville. The little metal one is fabulous; it has an infuser under the lid and is just the right size for a cup, cup and a half. The yellow one --- well, how many teapots have you ever seen that look like an ear of corn? Come on --- be honest.

And have you ever seen a more glorious feline than Master Gable here? (Remember, you're being honest. . . ) (By the way, that's the Scrap Afghan he's using as a pillow.)


4 Comments:

At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Very handsome fellow you have there. :-)

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Heather said...

Friends at work have been teasing me for working on scarves in July ;) I'm glad someone understands!

I love your teapots! :)

 
At 4:06 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Quite a glorious feline. Pretty fancy Scrap Quilt he's resting on there too.

There's a seamed glove pattern (as I recall) in Homespun and Handmade. (Or something like that. I'll look for it when I get home, if you're interested.)

 
At 8:54 PM, Anonymous katie said...

Perhaps you could make teapot cozies for the teapots with the scrap yarn?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home