Monday, July 17, 2006

Modeling is Tough

Mr. Love You Bear was so wiped out by his Mudflap session, he just crashed. Underneath the now complete Scrap Afghan! Katie, from about his mid-shin up, Mr. Love You Bear is covered almost entirely with your yarn! (And the purple wall works for Project Spectrum this month!)

Thanks for all your sweet comments on MLYB. He has a really nice history. We got my husband's cancer diagnosis not long before Hannah started Kindergarten, and Briton started 3rd grade. That year, the school's music teacher had MLYB in her room to take care of hurt feelings, or bad days, or to give hugs to children who did really well in music class. At the end of the year, the teacher gave him to Hannah to keep. The last day of school was on a Friday; Dale died that Sunday. Mr. Love You Bear is very important here.

So, the afghan is finished. I'm making hats and flowers and appliques right now. And still working on the scarf cowl. I'm trying to put together packages for my Secret Pal, my One Skein Pal (in August, I get to reveal myself), and my Knit the Classics Pal. Speaking of which --- I got the most adorable card from my KTC Pal today; thank you!! I'm crafting more than reading right now, but I appreciate the wishes nonetheless.

We saw the new "Pirates of the Caribbean" last Friday --- I posted an entry about it over at MindFull. It was very good. We had gotten a heads-up from a 5-year-old we know about the "scawy" parts and when we needed to cover our ears beacause it was "weally LOUD." He did fail to mention, however, how good --- really good --- Orlando Bloom looked. Just oversight, I'm sure.

I hope you notice that there is a new hand eye button. Thanks to the awesome Jade for creating this for me long ago; I've only now been able to get it here. She sent me several more, but I'm still struggling with them. There's also a new button for Craftylilly. I've been tinkering with the site, as you can see.

7 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Blogger Becky said...

What a pretty stitch pattern on your scrap afghan. It is really pretty -- and so cute to show it with MLYB. :)

 
At 6:55 PM, Anonymous katie said...

The scrap-ghan turned out great! I'm so glad you're finding my scraps useful, they weren't pulling their weight around here. :)

 
At 9:41 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Thank you so much for sharing the background on MLYB - he is certainly very special indeed. He looks so cute under the wonderful afghan too. Just like my grandmother used to make!!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Your scrap afghan is gorgeous!

Thanks for the healing vibes. I'm feeling better slowly. :-)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Love the scrap afghan! Make me think of sitting in the stands at a chilly fall football game - though I can't say why ... ;-)

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you liked the card! I'm having a fun time deciding what to put in your package.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Thank you for sharing the story of Mr. Love You Bear! He's certainly very special. And now very comfy and warm too under that beautiful afgan!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home