Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Instead of Lorna's Lace. . .


I've tried several times today to upload a picture of the divine Lorna's Lace yarn in purple iris with which I'm making a July Project Spectrum neck cowl. No luck. So here's a picture of part of my parents' backyard, with the Japanese Maple, and the statues named, unsurprisingly, Briton and Hannah.

I'm glad it is purple month in Project Spectrum. You can only imagine how much purple yarn I have. Now, how much of it will actually be knit into something this particular month remains to be seen, but I'm off to a pretty good start. In addition to the neck cowl (pattern from KnitPicks), I made myself some felted needle cozies over the weekend. Purple Peruvian wool.

While I was home, I knit out my Magic Yarn Ball, and look at all the goodies that were inside! Ribbons and bells and a little bird and a "K" charm and a bookmark and a tape measure and a stitch holder loaded with buttons. . . On and on and on. My favorite things are a handstitched toile needle and pin holder (maroon and white, lower left corner), and a pin cushion made into a golden pearly shell. That is what was in the very center of the ball. Just tremendous. The yarn itself was made into the purse you see above. This was wonderful thick-and-thin wool, and the purse, now felted, is drying atop my washing machine. I'll try to remember to get a picture of it. We're leaving for an overnight stay in Atlanta tomorrow, and my mind will probably wander.

Oh, Carrie asked why there's a replica of the Parthenon in Nashville. The only answer I have is that Nashville is called "The Athens of the South." Pretty odd I wound up living in another Athens in the South, huh?



3 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Becky said...

The Magic Ball is a wonderful idea. What fun surprises and a knit purse in the bargain. How fun!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Look at all of those lovely goodies! Still waiting on my magic yarn ball. Great way to use the one skein of yarn too!

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Digging that purse - nice work chickie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home