Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hannah and I went to Atlanta yesterday, shopping all day. But we had a fantastic time. Spent a solid hour in Toys R Us!! It had been ages since we'd been in a Toys R Us, and we were there primarily to look for some rare diecasts for my best friend. Once we couldn't find them, though, we just wandered around. And I found this gargantuan Yoda Pez to add to my collection! How cool is this?!?! Surrounding Master Yoda are a few of my lately-finished-objects. Three dishcloths, which I talked about earlier, and three flowers from Nicky Epstein's Knitted Flowers. The two two-color ones are nice, but the multicolored one is my favorite. I know you can't tell in this picture, but the flowers look crocheted. I made this one with a sample of sock yarn from the Yarn of the Month club, and it seems an excellent way to use those sock yarn remnants.

I'm actually in the mood to begin a real garment, but can't land on a pattern / yarn combination that satisfies me. One will interest me, but I can't make an equally pleasing match with the other. Cast on a hat this afternoon, with some yarn my mother gave me. It is spectacularly colored, but I can't capture the jewel-tones-goodness with the camera. (Tried a while ago.) This will be, I think, my fourth hat in about a week and a half. You just get a fever sometimes, you know?

The Return to School Countdown is on. Man, I hate this time of year as a mother. Getting to buy school supplies when I was in school always thrilled me, but I almost cannot bear the thought of sending these two away each year. And that Briton is a Senior, and will be going away from me soon just deepens the pain.

1 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Awww. My best friend is sending her son off to college Aug 19th - it's less than 90 miles away, but still. It's killing her.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home