Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Wee Bit O'Blue


To prove that there has been blue knitting this Project Spectrum month, my favorite stuffed lion presents a blue bookmark. It reclines atop Love's Executioner, the book I will be reading next. It's about psychoanalysis, not murder. Calm down.

Swaps are going well. My One Skein Pal e-mailed today and said my package will be on its way soon. Haven't heard from my Magic Yarn Ball recipient, though it should have arrived --- she lives in Nashville.

The Scrap Afghan generated lots of comments: thank you all! The reason I'm making a second panel is for width, not length. It's not quite wide enough to really wrap up in, which is what Hannah and I like to do with our covers. And the pattern is from Nicky Epstein's Knitting Over the Edge: it's Wide Vertical Eyelet:
Row 1: K2, *yo, K2tog, K4, ssk, yo, K2*
Row 2: Purl
You need a multiple of 10 stitches, plus 2. For the afghan, I had 162.

Hopefully, Fox will come through with another double feature of "House" tonight. Briton has a friend over, and I can retreat into my room and knit and watch.

Which reminds me, if you haven't already, go see "Cars." We did yesterday, and had a great time. Paul Newman is tremendous --- big surprise, I know, but he really is great. And stay for the credits. Please. Especially if you're a fan of any of the previous Pixar films.

Today's question: What's the scariest movie you've ever seen?

9 Comments:

At 9:07 PM, Anonymous katie said...

Hmmm... that's a hard question. If I'm scared by movies then I usually don't sit through them, and so I can't remember them. If I do make it through a scary movie, it's probably because I find it more ridiculous than scary and I'm laughing. Blair Witch was like that for me.

The bookmark is awfully cute. Are you still looking for more scraps for the afghan?

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

No such luck on two eps of House tonight.

My mom & I are going to see "Cars" tomorrow at lunchtime - she's a huge fan of those darn Chevron car commercials. Paul Newman in it will be icing on the cake. And now I can make her stay to the bitter end (which I usually do anyway. It used to be that you could read the credits.)

That lion is darling! How is a book titled Loves' Executioner about psychoanalyis? Cute bookmark too.

Scariest movie? I've ever seen all the way through? That's a hard one. I hate scary movies. Uh, Wizard of Oz. I didn't get past the flying monkeys for years.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Polly said...

What's the magic ball swap?

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I want to see Cars!

Scariet movie I've ever seen... Well, I thought the movie Event Horizon was pretty scary. Alien was pretty scary too.

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous francoise said...

I don't scarry movies at all and usually don't watch them... There was a time when they were very much in fashion and my sister-in-law would come down to watch one of those movies with my husband whilst I would be in another room sewing. One evening, however, she came and about 20 minutes later asked to be walked home! Very intrigued by what type of film frightened so much that she couldn't watch it, for the first time ever I watched it myself with my husband. It was Nightmare on Elm Street!... And I had mightmares of days...

 
At 12:16 AM, Blogger bethanie said...

It's always good to escape someplace and knit by yourself. Have a good one!

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Becky said...

The bookmark is very pretty :) Thanks for the heads up on cars...we were planning to go see it this weekend. Thanks also for the encouragement on going back to school, so far so good!

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Marji said...

oh man, Carrie beat me to it! Wizard of Oz. I used to hide behind a pillow when it was on. It was a "family event" and we would actually eat dinner on those old fashioned TV tables in the back bedroom, which was the equivalent of a den, in the house I grew up in. That movie terrified me and I haven't been able to watch scary movies since.
The Deep, which most wouldn't consider a scary movie, also affected me badly. Not only the moray eel which comes out of nowhere, but the whole voodoo scene with the dead chicken...scared the bejeezes out of me.
YOu can tell I'm a movie neophyte...Cars? That's a movie? LOL

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger teabird17 said...

The scariest movie I've seen:
Fahrenheit 911.
Really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home