Friday, June 16, 2006

Tasks

Had a less than happy day yesterday, as I dealt with ill-tempered teens and grade-coveting students and heat. Heat is an enemy of my head, if said head wishes to stay headache-free. If you are at all interested in the horrid details, go to MindFull.

So, I have exams to grade, a 14th birthday to try and salvage, a make-up vocal lesson to drive to and wait through, housework, and other routine maintenance. Son has awakened full of venom and vinegar, beating himself up about not having yet learned to drive (he is truly intimidated by the thought, so he shouldn't even try) and not being an "eager beaver" about researching colleges. Both offspring requiring crisis mode, apparently. And what I want most is to lounge about and knit and read and sip cool drinks.

Melanie and Katrina and Jennifer all have this meme on their blogs, and I have contributed there, so please return the favor:

Please leave a one-word comment that you think best describes me — it can only be one word long. Then copy and paste this in your journal so that I may leave a word about you.

Interesting response to my last question, from "Event Horizon" (which I had to see, because of Sam Neill, despite my never-easily-frightened best friend's warnings) to "Blair Witch" to "Nightmare on Elm Street" to "The Wizard of Oz"'s flying monkeys. I'm not one for horror films myself, but "Seven" was devastating. I do, however, have my own "Oz" confession to make. I was, am, and always will be spooked to skin-crawling by the Munchkins. (The skin on the back of my neck is goosy just typing their bloody name!) With all that eerie giggling and leaf-shaking --- yikes! When Dorothy opens the door to Technicolor until the time "Follow the yellow brick road" begins to fade, I am out of the room. I used to imagine the were under my bed, and would grab me if I got too close. (Hey, they would fit!!) Loathe the Munchkins! The flying monkeys never bothered me. Wicked Witch? Not a problem. But the little leg-shaking dudes singing "The Lollipop Guild"? Get me out of there!!!!!!!

Today's question: What is your favorite board game?

8 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Thoughtful.

Board games? Do I have to pick a favorite? I love them all. If pressed, I think I'll have to go with Life. So many possibilities every time you play. And I just love putting the little plastic people pegs in the cars when you get married or have a baby. Silly, I know.

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Romantic.



I also have fond memories of the board game Life. And I like the little people, too, the more the merrier. Another favorite is Scrabble.

 
At 9:48 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Lively.

My favorite board game... Hmmm... I loved 221 B Baker Street where every player got to be Sherlock Holmes. Great game!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Edifying.

Favorite board game? Scrabble. Even though I always lose (but I sure can cover the board.)

Seven wasn't scary, it was sad and horrible and Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey OWE ME for seeing it.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger teabird17 said...

Your word = resourceful

My board game = Scrabble, even though I (also) lose. I get so caught up in making words that I don't worry about the score.

 
At 3:15 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Awesome.

Because you are.

HUGS

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Late, but your word is: wise!

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Marji said...

Kind

too funny about the munchkins.
fav board game? Risk, or MOnopoly - haven't played either one in years

 

Post a Comment

<< Home