Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Six, Six --- Well, You Know. . .

Ah, the first gardenia of the season. How I love, love the smell. Soon, too soon, there'll be so many blooms, I won't be able to keep up with them. But every room in the house will have at least one bunch.

One of my sick headache days, made better by a very nice thank you from Sarah, my Knitters' Tea Swap spoilee. My package arrived in France safely, and she seemed to enjoy all its contents. I have been so lucky with these swaps, almost always getting people that were fun to spoil, and, more important, fun to get to know. She is no exception. And, oh, does she have an adorable son!

As the head rules the body today, not much in the way of personal or professional accomplishment. Just trying not to make any sudden, nausea-inducing moves.

Thanks for answering the last question --- reds, blues, greens, purples --- people look good in lots of colors! For today: What musical instrument have you always wanted to play?

And, finally, if these two can be this near one another without a hissing pawfight breaking out, there might be hope for all of us yet :


6 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Cece said...

Banjo! I'm taking lessons now.

Hope the headache feels better soon.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oooo, the cute canine looks positively beside him/herself about the close feline... :)

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I played clarinet all through school. I really wanted to play the oboe, but my parents said it was too expensive (why IS an oboe so much pricier than a clarinet?) so clarinet it was.

I have always wanted to learn how to play a stringed instrument. I'd settle for violin, but cello is really what I'd like to learn. And piano -- you're never too old for piano lessons, are you? I've wanted to play piano since I was a kid, but, again, too expensive (not to mention there's nowhere we could have put a piano...).

 
At 2:00 AM, Anonymous Miss Lisa said...

Cello .... and I did play piano for years, but my brothers were so much better and loved it (whilst I just kinda did it, if you know what I mean) that I just let it slide .... I'd love to take it up again.

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Guitar, in fact I received on for Christmas several years ago, and started lessons. But then I began having trouble with my hands, and now it just sits. I should probably sell it, but I keep hoping ...

For the record I was involved in band, orchestra and marching band for years and once upon a time I could play clairnet, alto clairnet, bass clairnet, oboe, bass drum (marching), soprano sax and about three notes on a bassoon - heh. Now I'd bet I'd make nothing but noise.

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

I'm sorry for your sick headache. I hope you're feeling better soon. I'm amazed that you can blog coherently. I feel for you.

I've always wanted to play the piano. To sit down and tinkle out something mournful and haunting if I was sad. I imagine myself in a big hall with floor to ceiling windows sitting at a grand piano. I watched too many music videos in the 80's, I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home