Friday, June 02, 2006

Reality Check


Do you know how hard it is to get time on the computer when you have two children at home all day? If they aren't on it, one of them is on the telephone, making the Internet moot. (Yes, we're still on dial-up. But we have running water and inside plumbing!) And, as much as I love Free Cell, you can only play for so long. . .

So I haven't been able to show you my first Secret Pal package. Ta-Da! Bright, sunny needles, some pretty Blatt yarn in blues and grays and white, a pattern which said yarn and needles fit perfectly, the yarn requirements pamphlet (a godsend), some hand lotion, and one of the Quotable Magnets that I really like. This one says "always make new mistakes." Thank you, SP! A nice intro!

I have officially given up on the mohair poncho. Though it was pretty, something about it just didn't suit me. So today, while Briton and I watched an MST3K ("Overdrawn at the Memory Bank"), I folded it up into a cute little bag. Very pleased with myself, I am. I'd show it to you, but I think I'm going to send it to my One Skein Pal. So, on the needles right now: the Scrap Afghan and a feather-and-fan-type pullover cape in yummy peach cotton sent by my last Secret Pal, Bethanie.

It has rained here today, thankfully, as the heat has been oppressive. For me, at least. I have, I swear, been trimming grass at night when I take out the dogs. There are a couple of streetlights nearby that give me vision, and it has been too uncomfortable for me to do it during the day.

Oh --- a little June thing for you, dear readers --- a question an entry. Today: What is your favorite kind of cereal?

6 Comments:

At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for letting me know you got my package "always make new mistakes" that says so much a favorite quote! it especially says so much when you have kids!!!!

my favorite cereal is full of sugar frosted flakes w/ or w/o fruit
Secret Pal!

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

What a fun package!

You'll need to show us that bag after your one skein pal gets it. Oh, that's in a couple of months, huh... Ah well.

My favorite cereal is Kix, kid tested, mother approved!

 
At 6:28 AM, Blogger Marji said...

Cereal: Smart Start, the one with the blueberries on the front of the pkg.
Sorry it's been so hot - but can you just imagine what it was like living there before days of AC? Ugh.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Great innovative thinking by turning the poncho into a bag. A right to be pleased with yourself, you have. I can't wait to see a picture of it when you can safely post it.

Favorite cereal? Years ago I was such a cereal hound that I pretty much ate my lifetime quota. It's only vary rarely now that I will actually eat a bowl of cereal, and when I do, it's probably Oh's.

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger teabird17 said...

Favorite cereal: Post cranberry and nuts.

Almost-favorite MST3K: "Overdrawn." The commentary is hilarious, and the spoof of a public television pledge drive is spot-on.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Oh, I *love* me some MST3K. I haven't watched that in forever...I should really haul some of the old tapes out of storage!

For cereal, I'll eat just about anything as long as it's not too sweet, but my favorites are raisin bran and frosted miniwheats. And sometimes Honey Nut Cheerios hit the spot. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home