Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Blues All Around Me

(Thanks to Riley B. King for laying the title out there for me. . .)


Yesterday? Odd day. It was if I were enclosed in some sort of plexiglass all day --- I was seeing things, hearing things, but I was disconnected somehow. No energy, no fire, no drive. Not even a viewing of "The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies," courtesy of Mystery Science Theater 3000 could make a dent.

Today? Not so much.

First, I have finished another pair of fingerless mitts:

These I'm calling "House," because the bulk of the work on them was done while watching that show. (I should call them "Laurie," I realize, in keeping with the precedent set by my "Neill" pair, but this sounds better.) On the needle there is the beginning of a gift for a secret-thingy pal. That's all I can say about that.

In the mail today, my first package from my One Skein Pal, and it was a beaut!
A very charming note, giving me credit for her daughter's new Mini Cooper being christened "Anderson" --- get it? A little note card with a tiny little knitted swatch on the front, and, inside:
Manos yarn (which I have been wanting to try, in a bow to MST3K), an inital bookmark, initial notes, a stunning spinning stitch marker, and hand cream! Thank you, thank you, thank you!! (I have to thank you here, because I don't have access to the One Skein Blog.) What a gift!

But was that all? No! The mail also provided my Magic Yarn Ball, wound by the person in charge of the whole operation, Larissa! The idea here was to wind little gifts and treasures into a ball of yarn, then send it away so that the recipient can find them as they knit. It's positively inspired, and I will definitely be taking this to Tennessee with me to work on. Thank you, Larissa! Hannah and Rupert were appropriately impressed!








5 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

House is such a good show. Lovely fingerless mittens!

Manos... Mmmmmm...

Lovely magic yarn ball! I'm excitedly looking forward to mine!

 
At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a cool idea the yarn ball with something inside! Knit to Find! Think I'd like to try that with a couple of friends of mine. Just because!

glad to hear your day got better hope I can do the same for you have fun on your trip!

your secret pal!

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Anderson! Clever.

I love House. "House" sounds better than "Laurie". Maybe because I think of Laurie as Jo's boyfriend, even if he did marry Amy?

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous katie said...

The secret yarn ball looks like fun--you're going to post the treasures you find, right?

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Polly said...

Anderson hahahahahah that is very cute

 

Post a Comment

<< Home