Friday, June 23, 2006

Acknowledgement and a Retraction

I've been failing to mention that the wondrous Melanie surprised me the other day with a box of yarn. There was a skein of red WoolEase (the stripe-in-progress above), two skeins of purple WoolEase, and 3 skeins of fingering weight from KnitPicks in a delicious shade called "Cornflower." Thank you, my dear --- you continue to be a many-faceted inspiration.

Too, I wish to thank --- again --- my Secret Pal for this round, for the yellow needles she sent me. While I have, in the past, railed against plastic needles, these are awesome. They're Susan Bates, size 11, which gives them some heft and strength (my previous experiences with plastics always wound up with them snapping at some time during the project.) But the best part is their points: long and very sharp, making picking up and moving stitches oh, so easy. I've made this little purse out of cotton and ribbon that my erstwhile Secret Pal Bethanie provided, and it just sped by! I'm going to take it with me to Nashville; I'm sure my mother has fabric about that I can use to make a liner. The ribbon yarn is called Casablanca, and it is so soft --- almost sensually so.




Speaking of Music City, we're off in the morning. If I can get to one of the computers at the library, I'll check in on you all. 'Til I can get back, take good care of yourselves, and here's a question to chew on: If you could have the original of any document, what would it be?

(Spanish was the winner of the Language Derby, by the way.)

5 Comments:

At 7:54 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Have fun!

I'll have to think about that. It was surprising to me how exciting it was to view all the original documents in the Smithsonian a couple of years ago.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Have a nice time!

I'd want the original copy of Shakespeare's Macbeth, one of my all time favorite plays of his.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger bethanie said...

Looks great!

 
At 4:08 PM, Blogger teabird17 said...

Thank you for showing the red - it looks wonderful!

I'd want... the original written manuscript for Mrs. Dalloway.

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Polly said...

Have a great trip!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home