Wednesday, May 10, 2006

This Helped

So in the mailbox was this issue of Vanity Fair, with AC looking sho 'nuff serious. What's the deal about the spoonful of sugar and the medicine?

Got back to school yesterday, albeit without a voice. (As an adjunct, I don't get the big perks like sick days --- no work, no pay.) Fortunately, the two rooms I'm in have computers and screen hook-ups, so I could just type out what I needed to say. Then I showed a video. Which fit what we're discussing. Really.

But I was completely wiped out by the time I got home. How can 3 days in bed leave you so exhausted? I fell into bed, woke up a couple of hours later, and found my clothes, the pillow and the quilts soaked in sweat. Guess my fever finally broke. And my voice was back. Limbs still pretty achy and weak, but they'll come around, too, I guess.

Also back yesterday was the parent of the missing daughter. I was given more details of what happened, but in confidence, I'm sure. Suffice to say there is at least --- at least --- a kidnapping charge pending. As if worrying about all that is ahead of them as yet weren't enough, now some instructors are making it nearly impossible for the missed work to be made up. What are teachers for if not to help their students? This is not some 20-year-old coming in and trying to beg off because of a hangover. What is wrong with these people?? It makes me crazy. Crazy. Go boost your ego on somebody else's time, bub.


Knitting soon. Our digital camera is acting weird; thankfully, all the green pictures had already been taken and saved. I may not be able to show you anything, but I can tell you.

Of course, there are always more pictures of Anderson inside the magazine. . .





5 Comments:

At 3:55 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm glad your student's child is home. How scary! How annoying that some of the professors aren't understanding.

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the student is home safely!

BTW - I'm your Tea Swap pal... can't remember if I left you a message or not yet - but here I am! No worries - you will be spoiled!

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

He looks....kind of sad.

Like he's really missing his Kim.

:)

Good to hear you are feeling a tad bit better.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

That's kind of weird about the professors. A kidnap charge? And they're making it tough on her?

So you knew, of course, that Anderson Cooper is Gloria Vanderbilt's son, right?

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger teabird17 said...

The professors are not worth the title. What do they profess? Cruelty to a girl who already has been traumatized? FIE on them.

On an altogether different note - I'm so happy to see my little buttonrabbit on your blog!! Thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home