Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Take a look at this simply beautiful little drawstring bag that I just received from Katrina as part of my gift in Jennifer's Knitting Vacation Swap! Now, mind you, this is only part of what she sent. For some reason, the photo of the box's complete contents won't load. But this little delight was so pretty, and so soft, and the bow so perfectly tied, that I couldn't bring myself to open it for a while. (Even after eating a few of the onion & garlic macadamia nuts, and sampling the white chocolate/coconut candy bar that also made the trip. . . Both supremely delicious.)




Well, I eventually saw my way clear to open this divine little bundle, and look --- look --- what was inside! Foot cream, hand cream, Lindt white chocolates (heavenly) and YODA!!!!!

Yes, I'll admit it, I squealed. Katrina, you darling! Thank you, thank you, thank you for Master Yoda! No matter where I go this summer, no matter what form my vacation may take, he will be there with me. How great are these swaps? And how wonderful are other knitters? She also sent gardenia bath products, notecards, gel pens, bags of tea . . . Thank you so much!

And, finally, a peek at my Scrap Afghan, taken in the car this afternoon, as I worked on it while Briton was taking his vocal lesson. As you can see, I work until I run out of one color, then tie another one in, without any real strict regard for color matching. Several people have offered to send me yarn for it --- I'm open to anything! I don't think I've used anything lighter than DK weight yet, but, maybe I haven't reached deeply enough into the bag!

6 Comments:

At 4:47 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

How fun is your package! Yoda is a must pack for any trip, I agree.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Yoda does seem to be a crucial part of any vacation plan, now that I think of it. Nice!

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Polly said...

That blanket is really cute-- what stitch are you using?

 
At 4:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be on the lookout for your Tea Swap package! I sent it today! Tea! Yarn! Treats!

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Nicola said...

OK, I love the scrap afghan! Really cool! Now, I have to ask : what is the stitch pattern you are using for it??

 
At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey love your afghan! what a great way to use yarn maybe a great winter project for me! your secret pal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home