Friday, May 26, 2006

Lost in the Swaps

OK, I asked for it. No one signed up for the swaps but me. But I am in just enough now that I can't keep up with what needs to go where when, whose tastes are whose, blahblah-blah-blahblah. Have I sent out the Tea Swap package? Do I have what I need for One Skein? You get the picture.

Not that I won't keep signing up and signing up. These things are spectacularly fun. And I've made some wonderful, wonderfully good friends through them. True, there was some sort of communications problem this time around between the Secret Pal hostesses and me which almost got me blacklisted, but I think everything has righted itself there.

Katie recently sent me a very pretty little butterfly stitch marker as a blogiversary giveaway. She makes these little sheep stitch markers that make you gasp at their cuteness. She's making them in all the Project Spectrum colors, which is brilliant. Check out her website if you doubt me.

Speaking of Project Spectrum, what is next month's color, anyway? Suppose I'd better check up on that. And the next Knit the Classics book is Wuthering Heights, which I have been carrying around with me for at least 2 weeks. Haven't even completed the first page. So I may or may not being knitting along for the second straight month. (This month, Pride and Prejudice didn't stir any creativity in me at all.)

And my priceless Heather surprised both Hannah and me a few days ago with a box of goodies: yarn for me, dozens and dozens and dozens of anime cards and stickers, plus a Japanese pop CD for her. Heather and Hannah "met" when I spoiled Heather during Secret Pal, and I realized they had a whole lot of common interests. Hannah, as "The Secret Daughter," enjoyed shopping for the packages even more than I did!

It looks like, for the first time, I'll be teaching a summer class. I talked it over with the kiddos yesterday, and have decided to try it out. 2 hours a day, 4 days a week, for 8 weeks. That quarter won't start until about 3 weeks after this one is done, so we'll still have some time to travel, do some "vacationy" things.

Still adding on to the Scrap Afghan. It's so much easier to pick up than the other things I'm working on. A fairly mindless rib pattern from Kniting Over the Edge doesn't have to be fully concentrated on, and the mystery of what color will come next keeps it interesting. The Sock Scarf is my second choice, while the mohair poncho probably wonders what offense it has committed to be left in the bag day after day after day.

5 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I'm feeling the same way about all the swaps. I'm sitting out of next month's PS postcard swap because of it.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Becky said...

I am breathing a sigh of relief as I dye the last batch of yarn for my last swap -- except for little ones here and there, of course. I am glad to be out of the whirlwind. But it was fun!

I enjoyed your blog entry today. :)

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger Yarngirl said...

I admire your participation in the swaps - I used to enjoy it so much. Then SP6 happened and funny thing - I was threatened with blacklisting too, and I hadn't done anything to deserve that. I wonder if it's the same hostesses - I did write them a scathing email after all was said and done as a lot of people were really unhappy about the nastiness, but never heard a thing back. Kudo's to you for sticking though it!

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous francoise said...

Next month Project Spectrum color is blue. Why not combine Knit the Classics with it? I wonder what Wuthering Heights will prompt you to knit??? A shawl for Kathy? a hat and scarf for poor Heathcliff? (I have always felt sorry for him...)

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger bethanie said...

I'm glad you didn't get blacklisted - what was that about???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home