Thursday, May 18, 2006

Light a Candle for Me

I now have two high schoolers in the house.

Hannah's graduation ceremony was lovely. Four students were chosen to speak, and one gave a particularly moving account of her going from not-so-great academically to Honor Roll, without sounding boastful. Another was a young man we've known since elementary school, and, well, he has turned into A Cute Guy!! I still picture this skinny, ultra-quiet boy with crooked glasses, but he is a doll now!

I got teary a couple of times. Once when one of the teachers got choked up --- one of those teachers who really makes a difference in the lives of his students, but is very low-key and cool about it. The other time was when, at the end of everything, the group was presented to us as "Your middle school class of 2006, and your high school class of 2010." And they all whooped it up, and I got all goosebumpy.

Then went to a nice lunch with Hannah, a couple of her best friends, and their families. There is a party for her to go to tonight, and my gift to her is a trip to Atlanta tomorrow, just the two of us, to see a museum exhibit called "The Bodies." Briton thinks we're being morbid and/or macabre, so he's invited to stay home.

I did manage a new camera, and I did get some digital pictures today, but all the software isn't uploaded, so there will be a delay. No photography of any kind is allowed at The Bodies, or I'd have an interesting collection to share: finished socks, a completed sweater, my Baby Girl and a circulatory system. . .



2 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Jade said...

Congratulations to Hannah, and to you for you becasue I know you've been a great help getting her there!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Congratulations to Hannah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home