Wednesday, May 31, 2006

It's Just That Time


It's the time of the quarter (2 weeks to go) when fewer and fewer students are showing up for classes, and my interest in being inspiring wanes.

It's the time of their summer vacation that my children have been alone together just long enough to start sniping at each other.

It's the end of May in the Southeast, and it has been so hot lately that no one, not even a pet, would consent to modeling my finished scarf. (Look familiar, Elaine?) So, I draped it oh-so-fashionably on one of our "guard lions." This project marks the end of my May Stashalong work. I actually got through the entire 31 days without buying any yarn! I get a one day pass in June!

It's the time of year, of the day, when I thought I'd be able to come up with more "it's that time of year" examples, but have fallen woefully short. 'Scuse me while I check my ego. . .

5 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah for you making your Stashalong goals!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Jade said...

Wow, 31 days -- that's like forever to a yarn-a-holic isn't it?

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Good job on the stashalong. That's a beautiful scarf.

I have two more weeks of school, too. I'm just as ready to be done as the kids.

 
At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Elaine said...

That scarf is cool! I haven't broken away from knitting only socks with sock yarn. I may have to go home and reassess my leftovers.

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

The scarf if pretty! It's that time of the year when it's almost over, but not quite. Soon. Very, very soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home