Sunday, May 28, 2006

Instant Gratification

Don't misunderstand --- I am thoroughly enjoying my Scrap Afghan. Maybe a little too much. My Sock Scarf and mohair poncho are woefully neglected, as it is so much easier to pick up the afghan and a couple of odd balls of yarn, not having to worry about color or pattern, and knit for a while. A long while.

Today, knowing I'd be plopped down in front of races for hours and hours, I decided to start something that I could finish. Hence, the "Ruby Rust" set you see above. Made from some Jo-Ann yarn from one of my stash boxes, much redder than the photo shows. (I shouldn't have put them on a mauve blanket, but it was dark outside, and there were pets on most other photographable surfaces.) I'm thinking they'd make a good Secret Pal gift, but I don't think my SP likes red too much. Have to check that.

Otherwise, this long weekend has found us watching movies and reading. B & H both have books assigned to them for the summer (he has 3, she 2), and I just bought this, so all three of us go silent for a bit every day. (Yes, Rox, there are pictures!

And to all the knitters whose families include service members, thank you. You have given much, and we are grateful. Happy Memorial Day.

5 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Karen said...

Your hat and mitt set came out great. Sounds like you had the perfect day!!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I love the set.

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger Polly said...

That is a cute set.. I agree the the big projects are really fantastic, the simple short ones are very satisfying in their own way

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Jade said...

The set is lovely, and the colors great! I totally understand tucking some small projects in amongst the large ones -- just to feel you've accomplished something!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

You started and finished that cute set in one day? So jealous.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home