Monday, May 15, 2006

Getting There

Counting the pennies, and I should be able to get a new digital camera tomorrow. Not that there will be pictures tomorrow, as it might take a day or so to master, but pictures there will be.

I've finished my "Lime and Lines" socks, my last Cirque du Socks pair. Thought I'd do an anklet, and they took forever. I'm also very, very close to finishing the chocolate sweater, so maybe I'll put off a photo session until I can include both.

Children are through with school this week: Briton one day ahead of Hannah. Which means he'll get to attend her graduation. I'll have to cancel classes to attend. Much weeping and gnashing of teeth from my students, I'm sure.

Had a nice Mother's Day, topped off by a trip to Barnes & Noble, where I had a slice of Bananas Foster cheesecake. (You can't even begin to imagine how extraordinarily, sinfully fantastic that one piece of cheesecake was. I currently salivate at the memory. . .) Also bought a new knitting book, called Funky Knits, or Hip-Hop Knits, or something hip and cool like that. Most of the patterns are too young for me, but Hannah, who was in the same aisle looking at manga, got crazy over a couple of the patterns, and there were a couple of things that I could modify for myself, so . . . Since Stashalong is prohibiting me from buying yarn, I purchase patterns instead!

The weather has turned nice and cool here --- I was able to break out a shrug today, and plan on donning a pair of cowboy boots tomorrow. If it would just stay like this year-round --- I do hate the heat.

I've sent my Knitting Vacation Swap package out, which leaves my Knitters' Tea Swap bundle to be done. I'm still tinkering with the exact contents, but I should be able to get it off before too much longer. Oh, and I also have the One Skein Swap to think about. But since I'm finishing projects, I have to dig through the ol' yarn anyway, so several tasks can be completed at once.

(And to those who have offered yarns for my Scrap Afghan --- send anything that you don't want, or are positive you won't use anymore. I've already knit up about four quarter-size balls my mother gave me last time we were home. I'm not looking for large amounts. When I say "scrap," I'm being literal. Thanks very much in advance!!)

3 Comments:

At 5:42 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Your students will be devastated, I'm sure.

Patterns instead of yarn? I like that.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I can't wait to see what you cooked up for your vacation swap pal!

 
At 6:43 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Didja get the camera? Didja? You know, we have a digital camera that was my very first. I'd give it to you if you want. Its not spectacular.... but on a sunny day the photos are pretty good.

Lemme know. Hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home