Saturday, May 06, 2006

By Any Other Name

A weekend spent under homemade quilts, nice beverage at one hand, TV remote at the other, books and knitting and dogs and cats close by --- sounds lovely, doesn't it? The kind of lazy, no pressure days I long for.

BUT, when you're stuck in bed because your throat is searing/aching/throbbing, and your arms and legs, from their ball sockets downward feel like pain-filled lead, and you are shivering with cold while sweat drips down the back of your neck, THAT, my dearies, is another thing altogether.

And yet, after my last 2 entries, and all they've made me consider, I wonder what in the world I'm doing complaining.

7 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Karen said...

I am so glad to hear your students daughter is now safe and is physically okay. Thank goodness for that! I hope you are feeling better yourself very very soon. I was so excited reading about the lazy weekend - until I got to the part about how yours wasn't really going to be like that. :( Feel better soon!

 
At 2:10 PM, Anonymous Susie said...

Poor, poor baby. Please pamper yourself anf make sure that those young serfs (to whom you gave birth) take attentive care of you, meeting all your needs. After all, you did it for them for about a million long nights and days, right?

Feel better soon!

Big (gentle) hugs!

Haggy butt, eh? We'll just see about that. Hmmmph.

 
At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Oh no - not the crud?! Shall I send soup? Dr Pepper? Coop? I call him Coop you know. Cuz we're buds like that.

All of the above?

Get well soon! I miss you!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger bethanie said...

I hope you're feeling better!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Polly said...

Hope you feel better! It always seem to be worse to be sick in warmer weather.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Becky said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling bad. What a waste of a luxurious day in bed! Hope you feel better very soon.

 
At 11:44 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Being sick cancels out the otherwise heavenly aspect of it. You have to be well for it to count.

It's great to be able to complain about it. Being sick is annoying and should be complained about. And thank goodness it's nothing worse.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home