Thursday, April 13, 2006

Why So Scattered?

For the past few weeks, my brain has refused to stay in gear. A thought, an idea, a responsibility will flash through, then disappear. No retention. Maddening.

For instance, I have never properly and publicly identified and thanked my Secret Pal from SP7, the very kind Bethanie. (Remember the gardenia plant? That still astounds me, even as I watch it grow beside the deck.) Thank you, Bethanie, for your generosity and what I hope will be a continuing friendship.

And I was fortunate enough to meet and spoil the talented --- and, hence, very busy --- Becky. She claims to have only the attention span of a gnat, but look at all that she's involved in! No gnat could match her!

Oh, and Secret Pal 8 is beginning; go over and involve yourself!

The serving trays which will occupy my Project Spectrum energies this month are painted. A nice, sunny yellow, each of them. When I sat down to find pictures to use on them, I got caught up in looking at all the clippings I've stored away. There's a fairly large cardboard box that holds any and all pictures, quotes and the like that are deemed desirable for future decoupaging. Well, I had forgotten about some of these, and really just enjoyed going through everything. So, I haven't gotten to the point of posting finished products, but I will.

Classes are just about as frustrating. I can't keep a lesson plan in mind, can't keep up with what paperwork needs to be filed, who has or hasn't filled out the proper first-of-the-quarter form. . . Not to mention everything going on at home, with meetings and classes and obligations of all stripes, and , this week, Prom for Briton. My poor little mind is just overwhelmed, overtaxed, overtired, underfunded and uncooperative.

Thankfully, my current knitting is ribbing. Can you imagine trying to churn out lace at this point?

3 Comments:

At 12:37 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

Sound like you've got more than enough on your plate so that no more can fit. Ribbing is a good choice. I tried lace. I'm an idiot.

 
At 3:31 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

You sound very busy! Hope you get some rest and down time to recharge!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger bethanie said...

You are so, so welcome. I had a blast shopping for you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home