Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The State of Things

I am beyond frustrated with Blogger. No picture (of mine) which I try to upload is being accepted. If I see the "This Page Cannot Be Displayed" response one more time, several white hairs may be forcibly removed from my head.

Jennifer, when she sent me my gorgeous buttons, clued me in on how to get them here, through a photohosting site. "A-HA!" I thought to myself. "I'll sneak my knitting pictures in through it!"

See any pictures?

Care to hazard a guess what response popped up on my screen when I tried to upload?

I know little-to-nothing about computers. For the life of me, I can't figure out what is wrong, or how to find out what is wrong, or how to find out how to fix what is wrong. Briton says, "Don't make such a big deal about it. It's just a blog." And he spews that last word out with all the venom and how-can-you-take-anything-like-that-so seriously the word can hold.

But I'm proud of my knitting, and I like to show it off occasionally. I love my little Woodstock bobble-head, and want him to be seen as my mascot for Yellow April. I'd like to show folks what's going on around here, because they show me what's going on with them, and it's just interesting. Despite a 17-year-old's protestations.

Too, I'd like to show you the normal yellow around these parts come April: pollen. Everywhere. In great rivers when it rains. In powdery, clinging form at all other times.

My Project Spectrum project this month will probably not be knitting. I'm itching to get back to my painted trays for some reason, and I believe there's yellow paint about. Maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Maybe you'll get to see it someday.

5 Comments:

At 12:09 PM, Blogger Elaine said...

Frustration abounds! I have a placeholder blogger account. I'll look at it and see if I can glean any ideas to help with. Libby from Stringer's Bell just jumped from Blogger to Typepad because of photo issues, but I'm thinking of jumping the Typepad ship to domain ownership because of other problems. Who said being a blog mistress was fun and easy?

 
At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Rox said...

Send me the pics... !! Although I'm known in Bloglines as being a photo killer (my pics don't resize in bloglines for some reason) they will be just fine for Blogger!

Briton... just doesnt understand.... we must share our knitting saga's. Its part of the fun.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Hmmm... Sometimes blogger won't enter my pics either. It's touchy. Maybe try again? I usually try again later and am able to load them.

 
At 7:56 PM, Anonymous Tawana said...

Well I don't know about blogger but a good photohosting site is flickr especially because they have it set up so you can specifically blog your photos. So I would try that site if you will. By the way nice site.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Jo said...

I don't know if this will help, but if you edit your photos, and save them for Web BEFORE you try to upload them to Blogger, it seems to work. I shoot with a good camera, and have to resize and crop and save as for Web to get Blogger to accept them....hope this helps!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home