Sunday, April 30, 2006

Oh, Yarn

Yarn, as a friend and companion, I do love you.
Your feel, your colors, your steadfast loyalty.
You are usually content to go where I send you,
Shaping into the needles' design and
Becoming something beautiful --- carrying the pride
Of the one who chose and molded you.

Ah, but Yarn,
There are vagaries about you.
You sometimes refuse to travel the chosen path
And hop away, or, if I show interest in something else
While working on a project of ours, you will twist
And multiply
And disappear
And make completion impossible
And unpleasant.

You have done this to me, lo, these three days
And I wonder if I dare attend to you today.
Will you continue to mock my efforts, test my commitment
Made so long ago, to treat you well,
Handle you carefully,
And enjoy the process?

Or will you return to your true nature
Be a helpmeet, a partner,
And let me get more than 3 rows into a blasted project
Before ripping you apart?!?!?!?!

3 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh dear... I hope your knitting starts treating you better soon.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Carrie K said...

After that heartfelt ode, how could it not? Better not.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Becky said...

I feel your pain!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home